Thursday, December 3, 2009

What do I need for American Football?

I started playing football, and I never played it in highschool. I already learned my lesson that I need cleats and some good gloves because I was messing up so much on the first day of practice. I'm probably not even going to play the game against a rival college, but I want to improve enough so that if I do get to play, I won't make a fool of myself. (I could tell I was the runt when we played and practiced the drills, I was soooo unprepared) My entire body was sore after some basic drills. Our game is on the weekend before Thanksgiving. I need to practice and improve a lot before then.



What kind of excercises should I do? Where should I buy some cheap equipment? What kind of solo drills can I do? What can I do to bulk up? What foods do I need to start eating? (I'm a skinny guy, and I'm the least fit of ALL of the people that came out to practice) Any other tips and advice would also be appreciated. Thanks everyone!



What do I need for American Football?nba shop





thats awesome that you want to start playing football. Its a lot of fun.



Now I'm not sure if you're playing tackle football or flag or two hand touch. If your playing tackle football, you wont be able to play without some pads. Go to your local sport store and just buy some cheap ones there. Or, you can always get a pair of used ones. They might have them at Sports go Round, a store that sells used (but still good) equipment. Thats where i got my lacrosse stuff from.



Now, in order to get in shape, you should probably start with running. Id try to run at least a mile for about 3 times a week. If you can go more, do it. Try to add a little bit more each week. By November you should easily be able to run 2 or 3 miles.



Now im also not sure what position your playing, but its also good to lift some weights. Id start with upper body, like biceps and triceps, and then chest and stomach (benchpressing, situps)



remember, its never too late to start, and have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mobile